Pages

Apr 12, 2011

Hermeneutics Class at Agape Bible Church


Class 4 of 10 with Dr. Darrell Ferguson of Agape Bible Church in Thornton.

Although my schedule this week is totally jam packed preparing for the upcoming MSI Classes, Shabbat Service, and the Passover Seder(s) and Service for next week; I still made time to take a class in Hermeneutics tonight. Hermeneutics is the science of interpretation, especially of the Scriptures. Bible Study classes charge me. Especially good ones; and Dr. Darrell's class is downright awesome!

I first heard Darrell Ferguson back around 2001/2002 on FM 94.7, KRKS. He had a show called Food For Your Soul and at the time, he led a church called Creekside in Louisville. The show went off the air for a while and I stumbled upon it again about a year ago on AM 560, KLZ. Evidently Darrell started another church about 3 years ago in his living room. When they outgrew the living room, they met in a high school gymnasium and then they moved to a small church building and now, they are in their own building on the corner of 84th and Huron in Thornton. The church is called Agape Bible Church. The radio show is still called Food For Your Soul but it is no longer on AM 560, KLZ but you can hear it weekdays on FM 94.7, KRKS at 5:30am and 12:00pm.

I like Darrell's teachings because he is so thorough in his studying. He told me he spends 35 hours in Bible study each week preparing for his Sunday sermon. That's a lot of time and I'm sure this is why his teachings are so awesome. He is also a proponent of Expository Bible teaching. If you are familiar with Expository Bible Study/Teaching, you know it takes time and effort.

The radio show rocks but the live class is better. I'm glad he has allowed me, an outsider, to join his class and learn from him. I greatly appreciate pastors and teachers who freely share their knowledge and experiences.

_

No comments: