Pages

Oct 3, 2011

Driving 800 Miles To Encourage Mom

Mom and me, October 2, 2011

FYI -- This post was typed on my Android with my right thumb...

My mother hasn't met the latest addition to our family, little Moses, who was born on June 11, 2011; almost 4 months ago. She has also recently had back surgery and has not enjoyed the recovery process. All the medication and discomfort has worn her out and as I talked to her over the phone this past Friday, she sounded very discouraged.

Margaret and I thought it would be a good idea to cheer her up by surprising her with a visit from her newest grandchild. So we loaded the Suburban and drove out, after the close of Shabbat, to Fort Worth, Texas--my hometown. I recruited the support of my only sister, Sonnya, and upon arrival, we blessed the socks off Mom.

After our 14-hour drive to my parent's house we carefully placed Mo, still in his car sear, in front of their front door. We rang the bell and hid. Sonnya did a great job at getting Mom and Dad to the door to see who it was. They didn't recognize him, of course, but quickly realized who he was. They were pleasantly surprised to see us all.

It's good to be home for the week.



~

No comments: