Pages

Dec 28, 2011

Sej Kandelikas - Six Little Candles

Chanukah 2011
Moses (6 mo), Michaela (13), Miryam (7), Aaron (5), Isaac (9), Maya (11)

The days of celebrating Chanukah will come to a close as the sun sets this evening. This has been a very fun and fulfilling Chanukah for our family and our community. Late last night, my children began the process of flaking the multi-colored wax off of their menorahs. As I listened to them laughing and joking around in the living room, I could tell that they had a good time this year; I hope a memorable one. At dinner last night Aaron said to me, "I am so happy. Our Chanukah has made me happy. I like Chanukah, Sukkot and Shabbat; but I like Shabbat the best." He's right. The Moedim and Minor Festivals come once a year, but Shabbat is celebrated fifty two times a year - that is, once a week.

We are a Messianic family, there is no question about it. My children have been brought up in the Torah, this is all they know. I pray that they, like the Maccabees, are able to come against the allure of the world around them and the temptation to assimilate and be absorbed into secular and pagan cultures. May they walk with Messiah Yeshua all the days of their lives. May their lights shine brightly in this dark world.



~

No comments: