Pages

Mar 5, 2012

Marveling at God's Creation

We climbed as high as we could to get the best view.

Yesterday we spent the day in Boulder. We passed Chautauqua Park and drove up Flagstaff Road a ways. We found a nice place to park and get out and hike around. Although we live in Colorado and we've spent some time in the mountains, I couldn't help but notice how the children were in awe of their surroundings. The trees, the large rocks, the mountains and the altitude we had climbed. It made them laugh and sing, run and play. They marveled at God's creation and they enjoyed it. They explored the rocks and surveyed the land and when it was time to go, they didn't want to leave.

This made me consider my response to God's creation. When we first moved here from Texas, Margaret and I couldn't get enough of the mountains. Often, I'd pull over on the side of the road just to gaze at the front range. Today, however, it's not uncommon for me to go a whole day without even glancing over at the mountains. I pray that the Father keeps me in awe of His wonders and that I do not take them for granted. I don't want to become numb to the world around me. I want to be more intentional to give Him thanks and praise for the creation He made for us.

Below is a 1977 video that puts into perspective all of God's creation. Keep in mind it is not a faith-based video and it's not the latest in computer animation technology. This is a video that I saw as a child and then again in college. I hope it helps you to marvel at the world around us and at our own bodies which were fearfully and wonderfully made by God.





~

No comments: