Pages

May 24, 2011

Radio Shows...

When I’m not sitting behind my desk doing paperwork I am usually darting around town picking up supplies, making deliveries or running errands. This gives me some time in my little service van to listen to the radio. There’s only one Messianic radio show in the area that I know of but I usually cannot pick up the station very well. When I listen to the radio I try to fill my mind with ‘good’ stuff but sometimes I will wander onto the secular airwaves for news. Below are some of the radio shows that I usually listen to:

9:00 am - 12:00 pm
I first started listening to Glenn Beck when I was visiting my family in Texas a few years ago. I enjoy his take on politics and his sense of humor but when his sidekicks start making funny voices I usually turn it off.


The teaching and preaching ministry
of Pastor Dr. Darrell Richard Ferguson
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm
I am currently taking a hermeneutics class taught by Dr. Darrell which has made me appreciate his teachings even more. No, he’s not Messianic but I appreciate his method of exegeting the Scriptures and how thorough he is in explaining the text.


Aaron Budjen's teachings on the Scriptures
from a historical and Judaic frame of reference.
5:30 pm - 6:00 pm
I stumbled upon this guy a year ago but couldn’t find him again. I came across him again earlier this year during Pesach. He’s not Messianic either, but he was studying to become a rabbi before he accepted Yeshua as Messiah. He’s got some interesting perspectives.


6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Margaret doesn’t like WAY-FM. She feels like they take too many liberties. I agree to an extent, but it is a Christian station and they are nothing like the secular rock stations. Besides, I think Wally is kinda funny.

There's other stuff that I listen to on the radio but these are the shows I will usually listen to when I'm driving by myself. When I'm with my family, they always outvote me and we listen KLOVE. Go figure.

~


No comments: